PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
WHAT IS THE PE AND SPORT PREMIUM
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for each academic year until 2020 for Physical Education and Sport. This is often referred to as Sport Premium. This funding is to be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sports.
OUR SCHOOL VISION
When they leave Holywell Green all our pupils should have tried a broad range of physical activities. They should have developed a positive attitude towards physical activity and understand that this is an important element in leading a healthy lifestyle. They should enjoy routinely participating in sport and know where they can go to further their interests outside of school. Fear of failure should not be seen as a barrier to taking part.
- At Holywell Green we are proud to provide all of our children with at least 2 hours of high quality PE. Alongside curriculum PE we offer our children a range of extra-curricular activities
- Our school is well resourced with a well sized hall and extensive playing fields.
- Since its inception, PE and Sport Premium funding has been used to employ experts to upskill all our teaching staff, enabling us to provide ongoing excellence in PE.
- A specialist sports coach is employed to provide excellence in PE lessons and all children from Nursery to Year 6 benefit from this.
- Sports coaches organise lunchtime activities and after school clubs.
- We promote local sports clubs so that children and parents are signposted to activities that appeal to them in the locality.
- Children in Year 3 goes swimming each week at Brighouse Swimming Pool, undertaking the appropriate assessments when suitable.
In 2021-2 the school received £17,550 Sports Premium grant.
Click here to download the PE Development Plan 2021-22
Click here to download the Swimming National Curriculum targets met 2018-19.
Watch the video of the children using our trim trail